Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
We use 2 different hosting platforms to run this website, all of whom are leaders in their field and take your security and privacy very seriously.
Your IP address
When you browse our website or store, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system so that we can ensure the site is operating correctly.
3rd party links
When you click on links on our website or store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
MAF mailing list
We require your email address in order to join the MAF mailing list. By subscribing, you give permission for MAF to communicate with you via email. We only try to send you the very highest quality content to help improve your health and fitness and our 30,000+ followers love it!
- Getting started sequence of emails
- A weekly health & fitness article (our membership love it!)
- Notifications around new MAF product launches and initiatives
- MAF sales promotions
You can unsubscribe at any time and a link to do this is provided at the bottom of every email we send.
We take your privacy very seriously and will never sell your email address to a 3rd party.
To store your email and firstname (when provided), we use a platform called Campaign Monitor who are a global leader in email marketing.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
On the MAF store, you are able to purchase a number of different products. In order to process and subsequently fulfil your order, we need to collect both your personal and billing details. These include your full name, email, telephone number, shipping address, billing information and IP address. Occasionally, we will need to reach out to you about your order or reply to an incoming support request. By placing an order, you agree to allow MAF to communicate with you about your purchase via email, telephone or postal address.
We take your privacy very seriously and will never sell your personal details to a 3rd party.
At checkout, there is an option to subscribe to our mailing list via an ‘opt-in’ checkbox.
So that we can help improve your health and fitness and tailor the experience to you personally, we will need to collect, analyze and store your personal data as you interact with the app. You can delete (will be released before May 25th 2018) your profile and all associated data at any point by choosing ‘delete account’ within the settings menu.
When you create an account, you will join our email mailing list so you can receive all sorts of MAF goodness to further your healthy lifestyle. Along with more than 30,000 other MAF followers, you will love the content we send you but if for any reason you don’t like it, you can remove yourself at any time via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send. At MAF, we take your privacy very seriously and will never spam your email. We hate it as much as you do and our intention is to send you high quality content that you will enjoy.
If at any point, you would like further information, a copy of the data we hold against your email address (supplied within 30 days) or would like to have all your data deleted entirely, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
Personal Information collected by BioConnected includes your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and relevant information about your health. BioConnected is not able to allow you to use the App on an anonymous basis as this would prevent BioConnected providing to you the services available through the App.
By registering as a user of the App, you consent to the collection and use of the information, including Personal Information you provide, in the manner we describe in this policy.
How we use your Personal Information
MAF will use your Personal Information that it collects, to:
- verify your identity when you register;
- provide services to you through the App including the ability to share information with third parties selected by you;
- facilitate and process other transactions that take place on the App;
- respond to support requests;
- help facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- update you with operational news and information about the App including web App disruptions or security updates;
- provide you with information that you request from us;
- provide you with marketing information about products and services which we think may interest you;
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the App;
- monitor activity on the App, including to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions that apply to the App;
- manage our legal and operational affairs;
- and/or provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
In addition, we will disclose your Personal Information to third parties as follows:
- where it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the App available to you;
- when we are required to do so by law;
- when you request or give us permission to do so – which may include:
- other providers of health and fitness related software applications to enable data about you collected
- through the App to be transferred to those applications; and
- to your personal trainer or coach to assist them to provide their services to you.
- We will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other person.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you provide it to us during the registration process and at other times as you use the App or contact us. We also collect personal information from other third party service providers to us.
If you choose not to provide personal information at the time you are seeking to register as a user of the App, you will not be able to complete the registration process to access and use the App.
Will this policy be updated?
We may need to change this policy from time to time to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our management of Personal Information. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway.
We will take reasonable steps to let you know about any changes made to this policy. We also suggest that you revisit this policy from time to time to see whether changes have been made.
If you continue to use the App after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
How do we store your personal information?
We store your information in cloud based servers with customary security procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
Your Personal Information even if collected by us in Australia may be transferred to and stored in a country that is not Australia (on a temporary or permanent basis).
By registering as a user of and accessing the App, you agree:
- to and authorise us giving your personal information, in accordance with this policy, to a third party who is not in Australia or a third party who may transfer and store outside Australia your personal information (Overseas Recipient);
- that, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs, Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to an Overseas Recipient*; and
- that, if an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.*Subclause 8.1 of the APPs requires us to ensure that Overseas Recipients comply with the APPs unless, in accordance with subclause 8.2, you agree otherwise. For more information, please check the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) webApp.
How can you access your personal information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on our App. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. To make an access or correction request, email us at email@example.com.
What happens if the ownership of our business changes?
In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we may share Personal Information with third parties for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction
Do we collect information from children?
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. All Personal Information provided to us regarding our Clients is provided by you, if you are under the age of 16 is provided by or with permission of their parent or legal guardian.
How can you contact us?
We will treat your queries and complaints confidentially.
Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your query or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved.
We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
You may contact us by:
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days’ after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to OAIC by visiting their App at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.