Devised by Dr. Philip Maffetone based on 40 years of clinical and scientific research, the MAF Method helps walkers, runners, cyclists and elite athletes of all ages and ability to reach their full human potential.
The method is focussed on exercise, nutrition and stress – the 3 forces that exert the most influence to achieving optimal health and fitness.
Maximum Aerobic Function
MAF stands for Maximum Aerobic Function and combines exercise, nutrition and stress to build your aerobic system, the fat-burning engine responsible for fueling all of the body’s needs. A well-functioning aerobic system leads to:
- Burning fat for fuel
- Increased energy and endurance
- Run faster for longer
- Injury and disease prevention
- Improved brain function
- Better health and fitness
A Proven Methodology
Whether you are a professional athlete, walker, runner or cyclist, MAF is for anyone who wants to use a heart rate monitor to achieve optimal health and fitness in a safe, scientific and sustainable way.
Are you always injured, tired and lacking energy or not getting results? The MAF Method will change your mindset and get you back to long term health and fitness.
Why is MAF unique?
Popular health and fitness programs are mostly fads and oversimplify the journey – they can’t personalize their approach and ultimately rarely work.
- MAF builds your fat-burning engine by training at a low-intensity aerobic heart rate specific to you.
- MAF removes the guess work and tells you exactly what foods to eat and what foods to avoid.
- MAF prevents injury, illness, and overtraining by putting your health first.
- MAF debunks the philosophy of “no pain, no gain”.
- MAF considers physical, biochemical and mental-emotional stress.
- MAF is an open system that can stand alone or work alongside alternative health and fitness methods.
MAF uses a suite of tools to assess your health, track progress and provide feedback based on 40 years of clinical practice and scientific research.
It is a holistic, end-to-end method that weaves together exercise, nutrition and stress management in order to reach your full human potential.