Fast, healthy and delicious — all the benefits of cocoa without the refined sugar.
Melt 2 ounces of organic 100 percent pure baking chocolate (cacao) on warm temperature.
Turn off heat and add 1 teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon nut butter (cashew, almond or peanut) or tahini (sesame butter), and 1/8 tsp salt.
Mix well and pour onto parchment paper or cups, or spread onto flat buttered plate to cool. Refrigerate.
Phil's Fudge is great plain, but you may also wish to try these options:
• Add ¼ teaspoon peppermint oil.
• Add 1 Tbl heavy cream to make it creamy.
• Almond or cashew butter center – premix very small amount of honey with the nut butter and place between thin layers of chocolate.
• Add unsweetened shredded coconut – add 2 Tbl to dry mix before blending.
• Wrap a small piece of fudge around a whole roasted coffee bean.
• Use this fudge as topping for healthy cheesecake or other desserts by making the fudge a bit thinner by adding half the amount of nut butter.
• Adjust honey to your needs.
Prep: 2 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 2 ounces unsweetened pure baking chocolate
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp nut butter of your choice
- 1/8 tsp salt