These delicious meatballs are a symphony of herbs, with an amazing, distinguished flavor as well as a generous dose of protein and other nutrients.
In the morning or the night before, prepare herbal meatballs. In a skillet, add fresh chopped mint, basil, cilantro, parsley, thyme, oregano and garlic. Chop all herbs and garlic first. Mix in fresh ground pork and form into bit-sized balls. Refrigerate with lid.
Remove meatballs from refrigerator, keep covered and steam until meat is almost done. Add peas and chicken stock, and finish cooking. (By making a larger portion of meatballs, you’ll have some for tomorrow’s salad.)
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 1 pound fresh ground organic pork
- ⅛ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh thyme, chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup green peas