Gain a competitive edge for yourself, your athletes, your team.
Dr. Phil Maffetone is offering a new course through HIIT Science to help you get the most out of your high-intensity interval training.
The Athlete Health and High-Intensity Interval Training course teaches a holistic approach to ensuring optimal health while implementing HIIT.
HIIT can be an amazing tool to take your training and performance to the next level, but can have a detrimental effect on health if recovery, nutrition and overall stress load are ignored. This course focuses on the lifestyle factors that need to be considered when implementing and optimizing a HIIT program.
After completing this HIIT course, you’ll know:
- The health benefits and potential risks of high-intensity interval training.
- The physiological effects and different phases of stress, and how HIIT affects overall stress load.
- How to assess health relative to performance using metrics such as work outputs and heart rate.
- How healthy sleep, adequate nutrition and other lifestyle factors are necessary for proper recovery in a HIIT program.
- How the connections between hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenals (the “HPA-axis”) regulate stress hormones via the nervous system.
- The role of macronutrients and micronutrients in energy production and effects on stress, inflammation, recovery and a HIIT program.
- Some common deficiencies for athletes and what types of quality foods to prioritize for optimized nutrition.