And a sneak-peek at what’s in store for the new year!
I hope you enjoyed our health and fitness articles from 2018, especially my favorite five. They are the ones I’m most proud of, and the ones I feel can help the most people. So please help spread the word by sharing them with your friends and family.
As I usually do this time of year, I’m planning ahead for some important articles in 2019 and will let you know about them. And please, it you want to hear more about specific topics, just let me know! Also, what were your favorites from last year?
It’s not easy for me to narrow the list, but here are my top-five picks:
- Gender paradox: Women’s health still lags.
- The 180 Review. New thoughts on the 180-Formula after more than 35 years of success.
- If Einstein were your coach: Einstein revolutionized physics and may have done a similar 180 in exercise science.
- The carbo-loading question: Who should avoid it?
- Lust for Life. Passion, pleasure, and the dopamine fix.
With about 50 articles last year, I had to leave out some of my other favorite articles on topics such as exercise and skin cancer, abnormal HR and antisocial behavior, and sodium sensitivity and blood pressure; not to mention the great podcasts.
Five key articles coming
Often, a timely feature will be written, or people will ask about a topic that intrigues me. So it’s difficult to give an outline of coming articles. But so far, some of the big ones include:
- 7 non-exercise uses for heart rate. We know of its value during exercise, but HR behavior at other times of day or night also has valuable biofeedback benefits you don’t want to miss.
- Overtraining. A 3-stage spectrum disorder defined.
- Strength versus bulk.
- Low back pain. Why it’s so common and what to do about it.
- Gut bugs. The gut is a gateway to good health and fitness, and good gut bugs — micro-organisms humans have hosted for millions of years — clean up the gut and help the body; eating dirt may help!
Wishing you much health and fitness in the coming new year!